At Meissner Tierney our attorneys provide expert and creative advice to clients on a wide variety of matters pertaining to intellectual property, including patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets. We also have substantial experience in protecting and enforcing clients' intellectual property rights, including handling infringement prosecutions and defenses and other litigation involving intellectual property.
Our attorneys regularly assist business clients in identifying, valuing and developing strategies and procedures for optimizing protection of the client’s intellectual property. Our attorneys have substantial experience in negotiating and drafting intellectual property license, joint venture and other business agreements, as well as agreements involving the sale and/or assignment of intellectual property.
Although we do not prosecute patent applications, we work closely with our clients by analyzing available intellectual property protections and guiding the client toward the best way or ways to protect the clients' proprietary interests. Our attorneys also provide a wide variety of services relating to trademarks and copyrights, and they have substantial experience in advising clients regarding trade secret matters.
Finally, we regularly advise clients in areas such as E-commerce matters, employee policies pertaining to electronic communications and social media, as well as matters pertaining to Internet domain name registration and dispute resolution.
- Video: Protecting a Trademark - Part III: Steps to Protect Your Business From Trademark Infringement - Attorney Randy BrotherhoodApril 24, 2017
- September 22, 2016
- Attorney Randy Brotherhood Elected Chairman of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of WisconsinJune 21, 2016
- Video: "Protecting a Trademark - Part II: Steps in Protecting Rights in a Trademark Once it is Selected" - Attorney Randy BrotherhoodApril 5, 2016
- Video: "Protecting a Trademark - Part I: What is a Trademark & What Does a Business Need to Know in Selecting One?" - Attorney Randy BrotherhoodFebruary 16, 2016
- April 29, 2015
- May 18, 2018
- February 13, 2018
- Attorney Henry Weiner Authors Article “You Snooze, You Lose: The Doctrine of Laches in Trademark Enforcement” for the State Bar of WisconsinJune 8, 2017
- July 11, 2016
- May 10, 2016
- February 20, 2013