Jacob A. Sosnay is an attorney in Meissner Tierney’s litigation practice group. His practice focuses on civil rights litigation in federal court. Attorney Sosnay also has extensive experience representing insurers and their insureds in civil matters including complex torts, traumatic brain injuries, and wrongful death claims. He has experience in all phases of litigation including pre-suit negotiations, alternative dispute resolution, managing complex discovery and e-discovery, pretrial practice, trials, and appeals.
Prior to joining the firm, Jake spent several years trying cases at other prominent Milwaukee Area insurance litigation firms. Attorney Sosnay graduated from The John Marshall Law School in 2006. While in law school, he acted as the Executive Production Editor for The John Marshal Law School Journal of Computer & Information Law.
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers Rising Star (2017-2020)
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Notable Appellate Decisions
- Xiong v. Wagner, 700 F.3d 282 (7th Cir. 2012) (upholding summary judgment for defendants concerning claims arising under 4th and 14th Amendments) (brief only)
- Earl v. Racine County Jail, 718 F.3d 689 (7th Cir. 2013) (upholding summary judgment in favor of defendants concerning alleged due process violations)
- Milligan v. Rock On the River, Inc., 738 Fed.Appx. 373 (7th Cir. 2018) (upholding district court decision excluding testimony of plaintiff’s liability expert and summary judgment for lack of evidence in absence of expert testimony)
- Williams v. Ortiz, 937 F.3d 936 (7th Cir. 2019) (upholding summary judgment dismissing case based on plaintiff’s failure to exhaust administrative remedies)
Articles & Videos