MEISSNER TIERNEY FISHER & NICHOLS S.C.
Effective Date: November 12, 2020
By using this website, you acknowledge on behalf of yourself and any organization you represent that you have read and understand this Policy. When you visit MTFN’s website, you may provide MTFN with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose, and information that MTFN automatically collects as you browse the MTFN website.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES MTFN COLLECT?
If you provide information that personally identifies you, such as your name, organization name. title, email, mailing address, or telephone number, MTFN will collect, use, and share it pursuant to this Policy and applicable law. Because it is not possible to anticipate every conceivable context in which such information might be provided to MTFN, MTFN cannot provide you with any assurance that personally identifiable information you choose to provide to MTFN will be maintained as private.
When you browse MTFN’s website, you do so anonymously. MTFN automatically logs your IP address, the web pages you visit and the time of your visit, but MTFN does not link this information to anything that could identify you personally. The IP address data that MTFN collects does not contain any personally identifiable information about you and is used to administer MTFN’s site, to determine the numbers of different visitors to the site and to gather broad demographic data. The only other type of information automatically provided to us MTFN is the type of computer, operating system, and browser you are using. This information is provided by your browser, which MTFN uses to improve the performance of its site. Such data is accessible by certain MTFN personnel as well as certain third-party website designers and personnel involved with the third-party service that hosts the website, in order to improve the website, to evaluate what portions of the website are more popular than others, to determine from where visitors came to the site, and to determine how many times particular pages of the site were accessed in aggregate. MTFN personnel may use the data to prepare reports regarding website activity as part of the process of maintaining and improving the website.
MTFN may also place small data files, called “cookies,” in the browser file of your computer’s hard drive. These cookies automatically identify your browser to MTFN’s server whenever you interact with the website. MTFN uses the cookies to record website statistics. Most browsers automatically accept the cookies, but you usually can change your browser setting to prevent the acceptance of cookies. Certain web pages may not function properly if you choose not to accept cookies.
WHAT DOES MTFN USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
Information you voluntarily submit: MTFN uses this information to process your personal requests. This information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent. MTFN may also communicate with you to response to your questions, or to send you materials regarding your personal request. MTFN will use the following information to:
- Respond directly to you for more information or clarification; and
- Process your request for materials if you make one
Information collected and stored automatically: Your personal information may be used to help MTFN diagnose problems with its website. MTFN may use all information it collects to analyze use patters and demographic data (age, location, gender) and to improve its website to better serve its visitors and MTFN clients. Your IP address is used to aid in diagnosing problems with MTFN’s servers and to administer its website, as well as identify a new or returning visitor and to gather general demographic information. MTFN may also use this information to keep statistical reports and other data about you and other users of the website, but this is done in a way that does not identify you or any other user personally.
WHAT STEPS DOES MTFN TAKE TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY?
Except in the limited circumstances stated in this paragraph, MTFN does not sell, rent, license, trade or otherwise disclose the personal information of MTFN’s website visitors to unaffiliated third parties. MTFN may share such information among its affiliates as necessary to provide you with the information and services you request. Exceptions are disclosures to third parties who monitor the website, to parties who assist or cooperate in preparing firm mailings and to third parties with whom MTFN may co-sponsor an event (in which case MTFN may share attendee lists for purposes of the event). In addition, MTFN does not presently collect personally identifiable information via its website except to the extent that such information is provided from visitors who send electronic mail to MTFN or any of its lawyers. Personal information collected through this website is saved in MTFN’s contact database where it may be combined with pre-existing contact information in the database. MTFN and the host of its website take reasonable security precautions to maintain the privacy of the data that is collected, such as ensuring that it is accessible only to appropriate personnel and that the information is user ID- and password-protected.
MTFN may disclose information about you if and when MTFN believes it is necessary to comply with any law, rule, court order, or subpoena, or to enforce its legal rights or the rules of this website, or to protect its business, property and operations, or in connection with a sale, acquisition, merger or other business combination of MTFN’s business with a third party.
WHAT ARE THE PRIVACY POLICIES OF THIRD-PARTY SITES TO WHICH MTFN’S WEBSITE LINKS?
NOTICE TO RESIDENTS OF EUROPE ECONOMIC AREA AND THE U.K.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”):
Under the GDPR, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data for the items outlined below:
- Right of Access: Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to request a copy of the personal information MTFN processes about you, which will be provided to you in electronic form.
- Right of Rectification: You have the right to request that any incomplete or inaccurate personal information that MTFN processes is corrected.
- Right to be Forgotten: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request MTFN delete any personal data that it processes about you.
- Right of Portability: You have the right to request that MTFN transfers the personal information it holds about you to another data controller.
- Right to Restrict Processing: You have the right to request that MTFN restrict its processing of your personal information if:
- You believe the information is inaccurate
- MTFN’s processing is unlawful, but you do not want your information deleted
- MTFN no longer needs to process your information
- You have opted-out to the processing of your information
- Right to Object: You have the right to object to the processing on grounds relating to your specific situation. MTFN will adhere to your request unless it has compelling legitimate reasons for the processing which override your rights, or if MTFN must continue to process the data for defense of a legal claim.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: If MTFN relies on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This may include opting out from marketing messages.
MTFN is the “data controller” for this website for purposes of the GDPR. If you wish to exercise any of the rights listed above, please contact MTFN’s administrative team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some of these rights may be limited where MTFN has an overriding legitimate interest or legal obligation to continue to process the personal information.