Attorney Michael Cohen to Present at the National Business Institute’s Seminar "Expert Witnesses: Using Wisconsin Court Rules to Your Advantage"
Join attorney Michael Cohen on September 27, 2017 at the Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront for a live National Business Institute seminar titled, “Expert Witnesses: Using Wisconsin Court Rules to Your Advantage.” Michael will be presenting best practices for direct and cross-examination of expert witnesses.
Program Overview (provided by the National Business Institute):
Effectively Employ the Rules for Expert Witnesses
Cases often hinge on expert witnesses, so it is vital to have a firm understanding of the court rules governing their use. Are you strategically using the rules of evidence and procedure to maximize the effectiveness of your experts while discounting the validity of opposing experts' experience, methodology and more? In this intensive, one-day seminar, our experienced faculty will share tips on using rules concerning expert witnesses with surgical precision, so you have the upper hand in court. From expert reports to testimony, apply the rules concerning expert witnesses to your best advantage - register today!
- Maximize the effectiveness of your expert witnesses by learning the ways which judges want you to employ them.
- Analyze your experts' reports to pinpoint mistakes that have case-devastating potential.
- Get your experts ready for deposition by ensuring they thoroughly understand the deposition procedure from start to finish.
- Locate key documents and other sources of information that can set up opposing experts for impeachment.
- Get your experts' testimony admitted into evidence by ensuring their qualifications, methodology and character are all acceptable.
- Cast doubt on opposing experts in cross examination by highlighting weaknesses in their testimony, the invalidity of their methodology and more.
- Avoid ethical pitfalls by knowing issues raised by expert witness compensation.
Michael dedicates a substantial portion of his practice to commercial litigation matters including non-compete and other restrictive covenants, business torts, employment, environmental/toxic tort litigation and complex insurance coverage litigation, including environmental liability and bad faith. For more information please contact Michael at email@example.com or by calling (414) 273-1300.