- August 15, 2017
Meissner Tierney is extremely honored to announce that eight of our senior shareholders were once again selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2018 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©. Best Lawyers® compiles its lists of attorneys by recognizing those who have been nominated by their peers through extensive confidential peer-review surveys distinguishing their outstanding achievement in each of their specific practice areas.
- August 4, 2017
Meissner Tierney is pleased to welcome Graham Garland as an Associate Attorney. In his new position, Graham will focus his practice on transactional matters.
- Attorneys Mark Malloy and Joseph Sarmiento to Participate as Panelists in the 2017 Wisconsin Defense Counsel Summer ConferenceAugust 1, 2017
Join attorneys Mark Malloy and Joseph Sarmiento on August 3, 2017 for the Wisconsin Defense Counsel Summer Conference at the Kalahari Resort & Convention Center in the Wisconsin Dells.
- Video: Piercing the Corporate Veil in Wisconsin: When Individuals May be Held Personally Responsible for Business Liabilities - Attorney Matthew FisherJuly 24, 2017
Attorney Matthew Fisher shares insight into what factors Wisconsin courts consider when determining to look beyond corporate protection and pierce the corporate veil, thus holding a business owner, manager, or shareholder of a Corporation or LLC personally responsible for business liabilities.
- Attorneys Adam Tutaj and Henry Weiner Present CLE Seminar "Choosing & Forming the Right Business Entity for Your Clients"June 26, 2017
On June 21, 2017, shareholder Adam Tutaj and attorney Henry Weiner presented a live, all-day CLE seminar as part of the State Bar of Wisconsin’s Build Your Practice Series titled, "Choosing & Forming the Right Business Entity for Your Clients."
- June 21, 2017
Meissner Tierney is pleased to welcome Adam Cain as IT Manager & Systems Administrator. Adam comes to Meissner Tierney with nearly 20 years of experience in the IT industry, having worked in the educational, healthcare, and non-profit spaces. In his new position, he will be responsible for the design, build, modification, installation, and support of the firm’s computer network and system infrastructure.
- June 6, 2017
Meissner Tierney is pleased to welcome Susanne Troop as a Paralegal. Susanne comes to Meissner Tierney with over 30 years of legal support and paralegal experience. In her new position, she will assist the corporate transactional attorneys in estate planning, tax return preparation, and commercial and residential real estate transactions. Prior to joining Meissner Tierney, she served as a Legal Assistant with Hostak, Henzl & Bichler, S.C.
- May 24, 2017
On May 23, 2017, Shareholder Michael Cohen presented oral argument in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit on behalf of multiple insurers on coverage issues related to what constitutes “property damage” caused by an “occurrence” under Wisconsin law. Land O’Lakes, Inc. v. Ratajczak, Appeal Nos. 16-3490 and 16-3920. The insurers had succeeded on motions for summary judgment in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, which found that Land O’Lakes’s allegations related to purported misrepresentations regarding the ingredients and quality of whey protein concentrate which was incorporated into animal feed replacer products did not constitute “property damage” caused by an “occurrence.”
- Video: Attorney Tom Nichols Participates in Capitol Hill Panel Discussion “Talking Tax Reform: The Tax Code as a Barrier to Entrepreneurship”May 22, 2017
As mentioned in a prior post, Meissner Tierney President and Shareholder, Tom Nichols, participated in a Capitol Hill panel discussion hosted by the Tax Foundation on May 15, 2017. Members of the panel discussed how entrepreneurship has slowed in the recent decades and pointed out how specific aspects of the current U.S. tax code discourage entrepreneurs and inhibits growth of successful businesses. The four member panel outlines how tax business policies could be crafted to encourage entrepreneurs and expansion of businesses.
- Attorney Tom Nichols to Participate in Tax Foundation Panel in Washington D.C. on the Tax Code and EntrepreneurshipMay 11, 2017
Meissner Tierney President and Shareholder, Tom Nichols, was invited to give the business owner perspective in a presentation on Capitol Hill being put on by a business-oriented Washington think tank. The panel is entitled “The Tax Code as a Barrier to Entrepreneurship.”
- Attorney Scott Brunner Presents to the State Bar of Wisconsin on Securities Law for Closely-Held BusinessesMay 4, 2017
On May 2, 2017, Attorney Scott Brunner participated as a speaker in a panel discussion before the State Bar of Wisconsin titled, “Securities Law for Attorneys Representing Closely-Held Businesses.” The panel of experts provided an overview on the laws, regulations, and strategies involving capital formation and applicability of federal and state securities regulations for closely-held businesses.
- Video: Protecting a Trademark - Part III: Steps to Protect Your Business From Trademark Infringement - Attorney Randy BrotherhoodApril 24, 2017
- March 16, 2017
- Video: Common Mistakes Insureds Make That Jeopardize Coverage Under Their Insurance Policies - Attorney Pamela TillmanMarch 10, 2017
- Attorney Randy Brotherhood Appears Before the Wisconsin Supreme Court in Support of the Business Court Pilot ProjectFebruary 21, 2017
- February 20, 2017
- January 25, 2017
- Attorneys Michael Cohen and Joseph Sarmiento Recognized for Outstanding Appellate Brief in State Bar of Wisconsin CompetitionDecember 21, 2016
- December 19, 2016
- Attorneys Brian Tokarz and Matthew Fisher to Present to the National Business Institute on Construction Defect Insurance Coverage IssuesNovember 29, 2016
- November 21, 2016
- November 11, 2016
- November 1, 2016
- October 27, 2016
- Attorneys Joseph Sarmiento and Dieter Juedes to Present to the Milwaukee Bar Association on Recent Developments Impacting Wisconsin Duty to Defend LawOctober 26, 2016
- Attorney Scott Brunner to Present to the Milwaukee Bar Association on Securities Crowdfunding and Regulation AOctober 5, 2016
- Attorney Mark Malloy to Present on Insurance Coverage Law via National Business Institute Live Audio WebinarSeptember 27, 2016
- September 22, 2016
- August 15, 2016
- July 26, 2016
- July 12, 2016
- Attorney Tom Nichols to Present to the State Bar of Wisconsin on Wisconsin’s Revised Uniform Partnership Act (RUPA)July 8, 2016
- July 1, 2016
- June 23, 2016
- Attorney Randy Brotherhood Elected Chairman of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of WisconsinJune 21, 2016
- June 15, 2016
- Attorney Mark Malloy to Present on Insurance Bad Faith Claims via National Business Institute's Live TeleconferenceJune 6, 2016
- June 1, 2016
- May 24, 2016
- Video: "Protecting a Trademark - Part II: Steps in Protecting Rights in a Trademark Once it is Selected" - Attorney Randy BrotherhoodApril 5, 2016
- Attorney William Stuart Presents Seminar to the Milwaukee Bar Association on Remedies in Real Estate Purchases and Sale ContractsMarch 1, 2016
- Video: "Protecting a Trademark - Part I: What is a Trademark & What Does a Business Need to Know in Selecting One?" - Attorney Randy BrotherhoodFebruary 16, 2016
- January 5, 2016
- December 14, 2015
- November 12, 2015
- November 11, 2015
- November 5, 2015
- Attorneys Scott Brunner and Brian Tokarz to Present on "Negotiating Indemnification in Commercial Leases" via National Business Institute Live TeleconferenceOctober 14, 2015
- October 6, 2015
- Mark Malloy Recognized as a Premier 100 Trial Attorney in Wisconsin by the American Academy of Trial AttorneysSeptember 18, 2015
- Attorney Randy Brotherhood to Present and Serve as Program Chair at the State Bar of Wisconsin Seminar on “What Every Business Lawyer Needs to Know in Advising Clients About Social Media Law”September 18, 2015
- August 24, 2015
- August 19, 2015