Attorney Tom Nichols to Present to the State Bar of Wisconsin on Wisconsin’s Revised Uniform Partnership Act (RUPA)
Meissner Tierney President and Shareholder, Tom Nichols, will be the presenting via live webcast to the State Bar of Wisconsin on July 19, 2016. The presentation titled “Wisconsin’s Revised Uniform Partnership Act” will explore the new opt-in/opt-out provisions for existing partnerships that took effect on July 1, 2016, as part of the Revised Uniform Partnership Act (2015 Wisconsin Act 295).
The webcast will explore the Act’s key changes and modifications with three members of the Partnership Committee of the State Bar of Wisconsin’s Business Law Section. Tom is the Chairman of that Committee, which was responsible for the substantive adjustments to incorporate RUPA into Wisconsin law.
Topics to be covered include the following:
- Transitional rules
- Personal liability of partners
- Limited liability partnerships and procedures
- Management rights and powers
- New filings to specify or limit authority
- Non-compete and other fiduciary duties of partners
- Rights and liabilities upon dissolution
- Annual report filing requirements
- Default provisions for buyout of dissociated partner
- Mergers, interest exchanges, conversions, and domestications
Tom has extensive experience at both the state and federal levels. He focuses a substantial portion of his practice on business entity law, tax law and other considerations involved in the structuring and conduct of business ventures. Those interested in more information on Wisconsin’s Revised Uniform Partnership Act may contact Tom at email@example.com or by calling (414) 273-1300.