Meissner Tierney Fisher & Nichols S.C. Shareholder, Michael J. Cohen, is the long-time Program Chair and a frequent presenter for State Bar PINNACLE’s Trending Topics in Business Litigation. This program is an annual seminar where leading lawyers in business litigation discuss the most relevant trends and topics. Trending Topics in Business Litigation 2021 is set to take place in a Live Webcast format on Thursday, December 2, 2021, from 8:30am – 4:55pm CT. Mike will be joining the following panel discussions:
11:15am – Hot Topics in Labor and Employment
- Key considerations in defending wrongful termination claims – order and burden of proof and after-acquired evidence
- Good cause – drafting considerations
- Arbitration provisions – enforcement and practical considerations
- Tortious interference with non-compete agreements/provisions
- Mandatory vaccination policies
3:50pm – Hot Ethics Topics in Business Litigation Conflicts with limited liability managers
- Fiduciary duties of attorneys organizing the limited liability company
- Mergers and acquisitions – privilege on the move
- Working remotely and the unauthorized practice of law
Other topics at this year’s seminar include restrictive covenant and trade secret litigation; fraud-based claims in business litigation; diversity jurisdiction; removal and remand; executive and legislative restrictions on non-compete agreements; intellectual property; and bankruptcy discharges and the effect on litigation.
Trending Topics in Business Litigation is beneficial for many including in-house counsel; corporate and business attorneys who advise corporate clients; and litigation, insurance, employment and intellectual property attorneys. The program will prepare you with the answers you need to better advise your clients. This program has also been submitted to the Wisconsin Board of Bar Examiners for up to 8 CLE credits, including 1 Ethics and Professional Responsibility credit.
Register for the Live Webcast here.