Mark Malloy is a trial lawyer who represents businesses in all types of commercial litigation, primarily advising companies in the areas of insurance coverage, extra-contractual liability, and professional liability. Mark is licensed in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Illinois, and various federal courts. He represents companies in disputes across the country.
Clients contact Mark for analysis and opinions relating to complex insurance coverage issues for both personal and commercial lines. In particular, Mark has significant experience in the analysis and litigation of professional liability coverage claims.
Mark also advises and litigates for clients in the extra-contractual area. He advises companies on both first-party claims of bad faith and third-party claims, including claims for excess verdict. He is a frequent speaker on those topics and has acted as an expert in litigation for both companies and policyholders.
Mark is a member of the Wisconsin, Illinois, and Minnesota bar associations, as well as the Defense Research Institute, Claims and Management Litigation Alliance, Wisconsin Defense Counsel, and the Milwaukee Bar Association.
- Martindale Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated (2020)
- The Best Lawyers in America® (2016 – 2020); Milwaukee Lawyer of the Year® (Insurance Litigation, 2018)
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® (2015 – 2019); Wisconsin Super Lawyers® Rising Star (2006 – 2011)
- American Academy of Trial Attorneys Premier 100 Trial Attorney in Wisconsin (2015)
- Wisconsin Defense Counsel
- DRI™ (Defense Research Institute), Young Lawyers Subcommittee
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Wisconsin
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Ramsey County (MN) Bar Association
Speeches & Publications
- Speaker, A Year in Coverage, Medical Professional Liability (MPL) Association’s 2019 Corporate Counsel Workshop (Oct. 2019)
- Speaker, Advanced Insurance Bad Faith (National Teleconference), National Business Institute (June, 2016)
- Speaker, Bad Faith Claims from A-Z (National Webinar), National Business Institute (August, 2015)
- Speaker, Evaluating and Litigating Duty to Investigate in Insurance Coverage (National Teleconference), National Business Institute (February, 2015)
- Speaker, Insurance Coverage & Bad Faith Defense Strategies (National Webinar), National Business Institute (January, 2015)
- Speaker, Bad Faith Insurance Claims in Wisconsin, National Business Institute (September, 2014)
- Speaker, Bad Faith Claims from A-Z (National Webinar), National Business Institute (August, 2014)
- Speaker, Bad Faith Update, Wisconsin Defense Counsel – WDC Summer Conference (Summer, 2013)
- Speaker, Bad Faith Claims from A-Z (National Webinar), National Business Institute (August, 2013)
- Author, Schinner and Sustache: When is intentional assault accidental?, Wisconsin Defense Counsel Journal (Spring 2012)
- Speaker, The New Frontier: The Changing Landscape of Bad Faith in Wisconsin (Wisconsin Defense Counsel 2010 Winter Conference, December 2010)
William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., 1998, cum laude
University of St. Thomas, B.A., 1993, cum laude
- Nativity Jesuit Middle School, Mentor
- Geography Bee Coach, Tonawanda Elementary School
Articles & Videos