Mark Malloy is a trial lawyer who represents businesses in all types of commercial litigation, primarily advising companies in the areas of insurance coverage, extra-contractual liability, and professional liability. Mark is licensed in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Illinois, and various federal courts. He represents companies in litigation across the country.
Clients contact Mark for analysis and opinions relating to complex insurance coverage issues for both personal and commercial lines. In particular, Mark has significant experience in the analysis and litigation of professional liability coverage claims.
Mark also advises and litigates for clients in the extra-contractual area. He advises companies on both first-party claims of bad faith and third-party claims, including claims for excess verdict. He is a frequent speaker on those topics and has acted as an expert in litigation for both companies and policyholders.
Mark is a member of the Wisconsin, Illinois, and Minnesota bar associations. He is also an active member of the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC), the DRI, and the Wisconsin Defense Counsel.
- Martindale Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated (2020)
- The Best Lawyers in America® (2016 – Present)
- Milwaukee Lawyer of the Year® (Insurance Litigation, 2018)
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® (2015 – Present)
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® Rising Star (2006 – 2011)
- American Academy of Trial Attorneys Premier 100 Trial Attorney in Wisconsin (2015)
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- Wisconsin Defense Counsel
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Wisconsin
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Ramsey County (MN) Bar Association
Speeches & Publications
- Speaker, Bad Faith Insurance Claims, National Business Institute Seminar (April, 2021)
- Speaker, A Year in Coverage, Medical Professional Liability (MPL) Association’s 2019 Corporate Counsel Workshop (October, 2019)
- Speaker, Advanced Insurance Bad Faith (National Teleconference), National Business Institute (June, 2016)
- Speaker, Bad Faith Claims from A-Z (National Webinar), National Business Institute (August, 2015)
- Speaker, Evaluating and Litigating Duty to Investigate in Insurance Coverage (National Teleconference), National Business Institute (February, 2015)
- Speaker, Insurance Coverage & Bad Faith Defense Strategies (National Webinar), National Business Institute (January, 2015)
Articles & Videos