Business and Corporate Disputes
A significant portion of our practice involves the representation of our clients in various business and corporate disputes including issues relating to breach of contract claims, corporate governance, non-competition, non-solicitation, restrictive covenant and trade secret agreements and white collar criminal defense. In resolving these disputes, our attorneys zealously advocate for and collaborate with a wide variety of clients from individual shareholders, members, owners, managers, directors, officers or employees of a corporation, partnership or other business entity to the corporation, partnership or other business entity itself.
We understand that each of our clients, and each of the legal issues they face, is unique. Our attorneys pride themselves on understanding all aspects of our clients’ businesses and industries. This knowledge allows us to take a multi-disciplinary approach to assisting each client in achieving an individualized solution to their legal issues.
- October 31, 2019
- September 27, 2019
- July 26, 2019
- July 12, 2019
- May 7, 2019
- December 19, 2018
- Attorney Michael Cohen to Present at The State Bar of Wisconsin Live Seminar & Webcast Titled "Trending Topics in Business Litigation 2018"November 27, 2018
- Attorney Michael Cohen to Present at the State Bar of Wisconsin Trending Topics in Business Litigation SeminarNovember 22, 2017
- November 1, 2017
- Attorney Michael Cohen to Present at the National Business Institute’s Seminar "Expert Witnesses: Using Wisconsin Court Rules to Your Advantage"August 31, 2017
- August 15, 2017
- Video: Piercing the Corporate Veil in Wisconsin: When Individuals May be Held Personally Responsible for Business Liabilities - Attorney Matthew FisherJuly 24, 2017
- March 16, 2017
- November 1, 2016
- August 15, 2016
- November 12, 2015
- November 5, 2015
- July 13, 2015
- April 29, 2015
- January 8, 2015
- April 3, 2014
- January 1, 2013
- December 5, 2019
- Attorney Dieter Juedes’ Article “The Breaching Defender? — Navigating Wisconsin’s Breach of Duty to Defend Jurisprudence When an Insurer Provides a Defense” is Featured in the Wisconsin Civil Trial Journal, A Publication of the Wisconsin Defense CounselAugust 27, 2018
- March 27, 2018
- February 27, 2018
- Piercing the Corporate Veil in Wisconsin: When Individuals May be Held Personally Responsible for Business LiabilitiesJanuary 31, 2018
- October 19, 2016
- January 13, 2016
Majerus v. M.A.N. Equipment Sales, LLC, et al., Fond du Lac County Circuit Court, Wisconsin (2008)
(breach of contract; case settled after several days of jury trial)
IntelligentInfo Solutions, Inc. v. Just5clicks, Inc.
Waukesha County Circuit Court, Wisconsin (2009-2011). A statutory wind-up and breach of contract/fiduciary duty action involving a dysfunctional former joint venture, in which both our client and its former partner in the joint venture sought substantial monetary claims and control of the former business going forward. Our client successfully obtained a judgment awarding it damages in excess of $500,000, with no payments to the opposing party, and essentially allowing our client to continue on the business of the joint venture.
Great Lakes Roofing Corporation v. Ciccarelli, et al., Washington County Circuit Court, Wisconsin (2008)
(Claims of non-compete, tortious interference, breach of fiduciary duty and conspiracy; defeated summary judgment motion on validity of non-compete and confidentiality provisions; case settled before trial)
Lyman, et al. v. St. Jude Medical, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin (2005-2008)
A multi-million dollar breach of contract action by our client, an individual sales representative whose contract with a major, national medical device company was summarily and without legitimate cause terminated. The case settled soon after our client obtained a number of very favorable court rulings immediately prior to trial, including a ruling rejecting a Daubert challenge to our client’s damages expert while disqualifying the defendant’s corresponding expert.