Sean A. Bukowski is an attorney in Meissner Tierney’s litigation practice group where he primarily represents insurers and their insureds in civil matters involving liability and coverage issues. Additionally, he advises insurers on extra-contractual claims, including bad faith and duty to defend issues. Sean has extensive litigation experience in both state and federal courts.
Prior to joining Meissner Tierney, Sean worked as a Junior Partner for several years at an insurance defense firm in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, in addition to a brief stint as an attorney representing insured’s interests in extra-contractual claims. Having represented both plaintiffs and defendants has provided Sean a unique perspective that he utilizes to effectively serve his clients.
After graduating Summa Cum Laude and receiving his B.A. in History and Political Science from Saginaw Valley State University in Michigan, Sean received his J.D. from Marquette University Law School with certification in Litigation. In law school, he engaged in a wide variety of professional experiences including clerking for a prominent Racine County Circuit Court judge, interning with the Wisconsin Department of Justice: Criminal Litigation Unit and the Wisconsin legislature, and clerking for a solo practitioner in Milwaukee, before capping his experience as a law clerk with the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
- Future 15 of Manitowoc County, 2019
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- Manitowoc County Bar Association
- Lakeshore Technical College Paralegal Advisory Committee
- Wisconsin Defense Counsel
Speeches & Articles
- Speaker, Bad Faith Training, Wilson Mutual Insurance Company Claims Presentation (November, 2017)
- Speaker, The Young Lawyer Committee Presents: The Substantive and Practical Aspects of Defending your First Insurance Defense Case, Wisconsin Defense Counsel, (December, 2021)
- Speaker, Tips and Practice Pointers to Prosecute a Denied Insurance Claim, Manitowoc County Bar Association (May, 2019)
- Speaker, The Fundamentals of Insurance Coverage Analysis, Auto-Owners Insurance Company Claims Presentation (February, 2019)
Articles & Videos