Business and Corporate
At Meissner Tierney our attorneys represent a wide range of closely-held businesses, large and small, in a variety of industries. We provide not only top-quality comprehensive legal advice to business owners, but also anticipate future needs by becoming intimately familiar with each client’s industry. In doing so, we strive to forge a long-lasting, strategic relationship with each of our clients.
Our attorneys regularly advise business owners at every stage of the business lifecycle. At the beginning when a client has little more than an idea for a new business, we know how to take the idea and create the legal framework to make it a reality. Our attorneys are experts in helping clients choose an appropriate entity for the client’s purpose, whether it be a limited liability company, corporation, partnership or another entity vehicle. We then consult with the client in addressing the client’s unique needs as the business begins through operational documents and agreements between the business owners in order to provide certainty and stability in the business’s operations.
After the business has started as a going-concern, we are there with our clients each step of the way. We often work with clients to assess legal risks in everyday business issues. As the business grows, our attorneys are well-equipped to help our clients expand through acquisitions and mergers. Finally, when the time comes to sell or transition the business, our attorneys are well-equipped to appropriately structure and handle these transactions so as to maximize the value to the business owners.
We take pride in our ability to stay at the forefront of business and corporate law and issues. Many of our attorneys regularly speak on these topics and have served on committees tasked with drafting legislation to update Wisconsin’s business entity statutes.
- Attorneys Adam Tutaj and Henry Weiner Present CLE Seminar "Choosing & Forming the Right Business Entity for Your Clients"June 26, 2017
- Attorney Randy Brotherhood Appears Before the Wisconsin Supreme Court in Support of the Business Court Pilot ProjectFebruary 21, 2017
- September 22, 2016
- July 12, 2016
- July 1, 2016
- Attorney Randy Brotherhood Elected Chairman of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of WisconsinJune 21, 2016
- June 15, 2016
- June 1, 2016
- January 5, 2016
- December 14, 2015
- December 17, 2013
- June 18, 2013
- May 3, 2013
- October 12, 2012
- Attorney Randy Brotherhood's Article, “The Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016: A New Federal Civil Cause of Action for Trade Secret Theft,” Published by The State Bar of WisconsinNovember 15, 2016
- October 19, 2016
- October 14, 2016
- June 28, 2016
- January 22, 2015Wall Street Journal
- Protecting Your Identity: Structuring Techniques for Preserving an Entity’s Existing Employer Identification Number in Cross-Species Mergers and ConversionsJuly 1, 2014Journal of Passthrough Entities (July-August 2014)
- February 21, 2013
- February 5, 2013
- October 17, 2012