Brian C. Tokarz
Brian C. Tokarz concentrates his practice on civil and business litigation in both state and federal courts. Since joining the firm in 2006, he has represented businesses and individuals in a broad range of matters, including general business litigation, complex insurance coverage disputes, business torts, construction defect litigation, suretyship, defamation claims and contract disputes. Brian has substantial experience in all phases of litigation, including pretrial, trial and alternative dispute resolution.
Brian is a relentless advocate who is fully dedicated to providing his clients with the best possible legal representation. Brian’s thorough and unyielding approach to practicing law allows him to reach the most-beneficial solutions to the complex legal challenges facing his clients.
Perfecting Construction Liens for General Contractors in Wisconsin
Menasha Corporation v. Employers Insurance of Wausau, et al.
Winnebago County Circuit Court, Wisconsin (2007-2012). A complex environmental insurance coverage action arising out of a separate lawsuit regarding potential joint and several liability of all parties responsible for historical PCB contamination of the Lower Fox River and its current remediation. One of the parties allegedly responsible for this contamination and liability was our liability insurer client’s long-time insured, which was demanding coverage from our client, among other insurers. After substantial discovery and motion practice, a settlement was reached prior to trial.
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® Rising Star (2012, 2014 - 2016)
- Attorneys Brian Tokarz and Matthew Fisher to Present to the National Business Institute on Construction Defect Insurance Coverage IssuesNovember 29, 2016
- November 11, 2016
- July 26, 2016
- June 23, 2016
- November 12, 2015
- Attorneys Scott Brunner and Brian Tokarz to Present on "Negotiating Indemnification in Commercial Leases" via National Business Institute Live TeleconferenceOctober 14, 2015
- Attorneys Brian Tokarz and Matthew Fisher to present at the National Business Institute on Construction Defect Insurance Coverage IssuesJuly 28, 2015
- January 8, 2015
- November 14, 2014
- November 14, 2012
- November 17, 2016
- Recent Wisconsin Court of Appeals Decision Addresses the Meaning of “Pollutant” Under the Pollution ExclusionFebruary 11, 2014
- High Court Addresses Scope of Contractual Liability Exclusion in Owner’s Lawsuit Against General Contractor for Claims of Faulty ConstructionFebruary 10, 2014
- February 7, 2014
Speeches & Publications
Co-Speaker, Negotiating Indemnification in Commercial Leases, National Business Institute (June 2014) (with Jennifer A.B. Kreil and Scott W. Brunner)
- St. Thomas More Lawyers Society of Wisconsin (2009 - Present)
- Milwaukee County Circuit Court,Securities and Facilities Committee (2011 - Present)
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association
- Milwaukee Bar Association
State Bar of Wisconsin High School Mock Trial Tournament (2006-2008)
Marquette University Law School Legal Clinic (2003-2004)